If you are thinking about making home improvements, consider updating with water conservation plumbing fixtures. Some of these changes are even mandated by law (SB407). Currently, home improvements that require permits must also meet the retrofitting requirements which includes water conserving toilets, shower heads and faucets.
- Starting in 2017, homes built before 1994 are required to meet these retrofitting requirements when sold. So why not upgrade these fixtures now and enjoy the benefits of new fixtures and save some water?
- Multi-family and commercial property owners must complete these retrofits by January 1, 2019.
Water Conservation Resources
- 100+ Ways to Conserve Water
- Water Saving Products
- Water Conservation Education for Kids
- Water Conservation at Home
- A Guide to Water Conservation by Berkey Filters
- Water Conservation Throughout the Home by HomeAdvisor